In this video, Ryan from Indie Cinema Academy gives us an insight into 12 key questions you can ask yourself before lighting an interior set.
Here are the 12 questions:
1. What is the mood and tone of the scene?
2. Does the time of day affect the scene?
3. Are you establishing your lighting style, or are you matching other content?
4. How many people are in the scene?
5. Where does the action happen in the scene?
6. Do people move around in the scene?
7. Will we see the floor or the ceiling?
8. Are there any practical effects in the shot?
9. Do we need to balance the light levels of the interior to the exterior?
10. What ISO will we be shooting at?
11. What is the slowest lens we’ll be shooting with?
12. Will we be doing any high speed or macro work?